Smoke Alarm Safety Tips for Henderson?
Smoke Alarm Safety
SERVPRO® of Commerce City responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in the Henderson area. The National Fire Protection Association offers these important safety messages about smoke alarms:
- Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home. Install alarms in the basement. Smoke alarms should be interconnected.
- It is best to use interconnected smoke alarms. When one smoke alarm sounds, they all sound.
- Test all smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- Today’s smoke alarms will be more technologically advanced to respond to a multitude of fire conditions yet mitigate false alarms.
- A smoke alarm should be on the ceiling or high on a wall. Keep smoke alarms away from the kitchen to reduce false alarms. They should be at least 10 feet (3 meters) from the stove.
- People who are hard-of-hearing or deaf can use special alarms. These alarms have strobe lights and bed shakers.
- Replace all smoke alarms when they are 10 years old.
- Smoke alarms are an important part of a home fire escape plan.
Call Us Today!
If you experience a fire damage emergency in your home or business, SERVPRO® of Commerce City is Here to Help. ® Our fire restoration technicians are on-call and ready to respond 24 hours a day. Call us today at 720-532-0219. We’ll restore your fire damage in Henderson, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Commerce City is Independently Owned and Operated.