Microwave Fire in Henderson?
Henderson families are busy. Microwave ovens simplify our lives and make it easy to heat up a meal or quickly defrost dinner. SERVPRO® of Commerce City offers these microwave oven safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- PURCHASE a microwave oven that is listed by a qualified testing laboratory. Make sure to complete and return the product registration card. This way, the manufacturer can reach you if there is a recall on the product.
- PLUG the microwave oven directly into the wall outlet — never use an extension cord
- MAKE sure the microwave oven is at a safe height, within easy reach of all users
- OPEN food slowly, away from the face. Hot steam or the food itself can cause burns.
- FOOD heats unevenly in microwave ovens. Stir and test before eating or giving to children.
- NEVER heat a baby bottle in the microwave. Since a microwave oven heats unevenly, it can create hot pockets, leading to burns. Warm a bottle in a bowl of warm, not hot or boiling, water, or by running it under the tap.
Call Us Today!
When your Henderson home or business needs fire damage restoration services, SERVPRO® of Commerce City is has a team of technicians on call and ready to respond 24-hours a day. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 720-532-0219.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.