Are Your Pipes Protected From Freezing in Henderson?
This time of year, SERVPRO® of Commerce City often responds to water damage emergencies, and many of them involve frozen or burst pipes. The Insurance Information Institute offers these tips on things you can do to minimize the potential for frozen pipes:
- Identify the location for the main water shutoff in your home
- Open hot and cold faucets enough to let them drip slowly. Keeping water moving within the pipes will prevent freezing.
- If you haven’t already, make sure all hoses are disconnected from outside spigots
- If your garage is attached to your house, keep the garage doors closed. The door leading to the house is probably not as well-insulated as an exterior door.
- Keep the house heated to a minimum of 65 degrees. The temperature inside the walls where the pipes are located is substantially colder than the walls themselves. A temperature lower than 65 degrees will not keep the inside walls from freezing.
- If you plan to be away for an extended period of time, have the water system drained by a professional to keep pipes from freezing or bursting
Call Us Today!
When your Henderson home or commercial business needs help with burst pipes or another form of water damage, SERVPRO® of Commerce City has a team of technicians on-call 24-hours a day to assist you. Call us today at 720-532-0219.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.