Commerce City Storm Damage?
Winter storms can last a few hours or many days in Colorado. Severe storms can impact older adults, children, and those who are ill, placing them at greater risk. SERVPRO® of Commerce City responds to property damage calls due to storms often during the winter months, and we offer these survival safety tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency on how to survive during a storm:
- Limit your time outside. If you need to go outside, then wear layers of warm clothing. Watch for signs of frostbite and hypothermia.
- Be sure to have several clean masks to use in case your mask becomes wet or damp from snow. Cloth masks should not be worn when they become damp or wet. Be sure to wash your mask regularly.
- Only use generators and grills outdoors and away from windows. Never heat your home with a gas stovetop or oven.
- Reduce the risk of a heart attack by avoiding overexertion when shoveling snow and walking in the snow.
- Watch for signs of frostbite and hypothermia and begin treatment right away.
- If it is safe to do so, check on neighbors while following the latest guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for social distancing.
Call Us Today!
When your home is damaged during a storm, SERVPRO® of Commerce City is ready to respond 24 hours a day. Call us today at 720-532-0219. We’ll restore your storm damage in Commerce City, “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO® of Commerce City is Independently Owned and Operated.