Microwave Fire in Henderson?
Microwave Safety Tips for Henderson
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), if you have a fire in a microwave, leave the door closed, turn off the oven and unplug it from the wall. If the fire does not go out, get outside and call the fire department. SERVPRO® of Commerce City sees all kinds of fire damage each year and offer these microwave safety tips from the NFPA:
Microwave Safety Tips
- PURCHASE a microwave oven that is listed by a qualified testing laboratory. Make sure to complete and return the product registration card. This way the manufacturer can reach you if there is a recall on the product.
- PLUG the microwave oven directly into the wall outlet — never use an extension cord.
- MAKE sure the microwave oven is at a safe height, within easy reach of all users.
- OPEN food slowly, away from the face. Hot steam or the food itself can cause burns.
- FOOD heats unevenly in microwave ovens. Stir and test before eating or giving to children.
- NEVER heat a baby bottle in the microwave. Since a microwave oven heats unevenly, it can create hot pockets, leading to burns. Warm a bottle in a bowl of warm — not hot or boiling — water, or by running it under the tap.
Call Us Today!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.