Home Fire Preparation Tips for Commerce City?
Have you inspected your smoke alarm system recently? Preparing your household for the possibility of a fire can save lives. SERVPRO® of Commerce City offers these helpful tips from the American Red Cross to help families prepare for a fire emergency:
- Install the right number of smoke alarms. Test them once a month and replace the batteries at least once a year.
- Teach children what smoke alarms sound like and what to do when they hear one.
- Ensure that all household members know two ways to escape from every room of your home and know the family meeting spot outside of your home.
- Establish a family emergency communications plan and ensure that all household members know who to contact if they cannot find one another
- Practice escaping from your home at least twice a year. Press the smoke alarm test button or yell “Fire“to alert everyone that they must get out.
- Make sure everyone knows how to call 9-1-1
- Teach household members to STOP, DROP and ROLL if their clothes should catch on fire
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® of Commerce City responds to fire damage emergencies for homes and commercial businesses 24-hours a day. We’ll restore your fire damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 720-532-0219.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.